28 November 2018

short update here

been awhile since I've updated the blog, the past weeks have been challenging.


my health has not been good as I have an eye infection that persisted for almost a month.


so I'm trying to rest as much as I can.


this weekend will be AFA, the annual event that I always look forward to since the schooling days of my life.


after  looking up the afasg tags on instagram and twitter I can conclude the most popular types of merch and series that will be around the creator's hub this year.


popular series - Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation (魔道祖师), Fate Grand Order (FGO),
noticed that most artists are trying to sell their older previous merch like Yuri on Ice, Bungo Stray Dogs...
quite a number of original artwork as well.


popular merch - new typs for this year are canvas/faux leather pouches, heart shaped badges, manjuu/pillow keychain
washi tapes are still very popular, the main typical ones are stickers/prints, acrylic charms and badges metal/enamel


some other interesting ones are tote bags, self inking stamps, t-shirts, socks...


another interesting thing is that some artists have started a trend of selling their merch using gacha method for small things like badges or keychains. there's also quite a few of them who are doing a lucky dip for a popular series of goods.


there has been an increase in the number of bl related stuffs that is really quite prominent now.
it must be the change in times hence so many more people are able to talk about it openly.




not sure what time I will be able to go on Friday, no concrete plans as of now.


hopefully I will gather more stuff and plan a route...


so far I've seen some Haikyuu merch that I'm excited for!


yeah, so glad that people still do it!


will check back again after the event.


soon, it will be December and then new years!


the year had flown by so fast!